Stereosonic, Australia’s touring summer (remember, it’s summer down under) festival, is expanding to a two-day format for the first time this year. Put on by the Totem Onelove Group (which was recently acquired by SFX), Stereosonic began in 2007 and expanded to all five major Australian cities in 2009.
Stereosonic Sydney has expanded to 65,000 attendees and officially sold out yesterday. In response to scalping concerns, an additional 50 tickets will be available each day on Ticketmaster from Wednesday, November 20th through Friday, November 29th. Tickets for the other locations (Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne & Brisbane) are also available on Ticketmaster.
This year’s lineup is massive, bringing major talent from all over the world to Australia for the first two weekends in December. Since Stereosonic happens in five cities over two weekends on a continent the size of the mainland United States, the lineups switch off. Sydney’s first night performers will fly to Perth for night two and vice versa. If you’re lucky enough to be in the Australian summer sun this time of year, definitely make a stop at Stereosonic.
- Saturday, November 30th & Sunday, December 1st – Sydney Showgrounds, Sydney
- Saturday, November 30th & Sunday, December 1st – Claremont Showgrounds, Perth
- Friday, December 6th & Saturday, December 7th – Ellis Park, Adelaide
- Saturday, December 7th & Sunday, December 8th – Royal Melbourne Showgrounds, Melbourne
- Saturday, December 7th & Sunday, December 8th – RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane
- All set times could be viewed HERE