Studies have been ongoing for many years, indicating that music can affect and benefit the human brains in healing and spiritual ways. It’s become conclusive that music induces passion and love into the brain, which has been cherished and admired by homo sapiens for ages. It is an ongoing growth process that has helped cultivate many societies and cultural backgrounds from all over the globe. Music has played a role in igniting social revolutions and has manifested into something that many people can not go a day without. Music attains a magical and unexplainable sense of feel that captures the human mind and places it under an enchanting spell, this magic has affected billions of people in sometimes life-changing ways.
But did you know that your musical taste could also predict your personality? A thorough study was conducted by Heriot-Watt University to determine that “dance fans are creative and outgoing, but not gentle”, whereas “reggae fans have high self-esteem, are creative, not hardworking, outgoing, gentle, and at ease.” Studies have also shown that kids can benefit from musical training or exposure, while stroke patients have shown improved visual attention and sensibility while listening to classical music. Music possesses such powerful healing properties and you’d be surprised at the numerous ways that music affects the brain. If you would like to read more about it, click here.
To give you a quick breakdown, here is the connection studies have found:
- Blues fans have high self-esteem, are creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease
- Jazz fans have high self-esteem, are creative, outgoing and at ease
- Classical music fans have high self-esteem, are creative, introvert and at ease
- Rap fans have high self-esteem and are outgoing
- Opera fans have high self-esteem, are creative and gentle
- Country and western fans are hardworking and outgoing
- Reggae fans have high self-esteem, are creative, not hardworking, outgoing, gentle and at ease
- Dance fans are creative and outgoing but not gentle
- Indie fans have low self-esteem, are creative, not hard working, and not gentle
- Bollywood fans are creative and outgoing
- Rock/heavy metal fans have low self-esteem, are creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, and at ease
- Chart pop fans have high self-esteem, are hardworking, outgoing and gentle, but are not creative and not at ease
- Soul fans have high self-esteem, are creative, outgoing, gentle, and at ease