Always ahead of the game, the new Ultra 2014 application has a lot to offer:
- Through the “Discover” option, every artist announced on the lineup so far is mentioned with their bio, links to their iTunes songs, EPs and albums and their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- When the times and full lineup is released, users will have the option to plan their days and even share their perfect schedule between friends who have the application as well.
- The map option is self-explanatory and will include points of interest but a cool feature is the “friend finder” link which will allow you to connect via Facebook to help you find your lost companions!
- If you want to keep up with ALL the news leading up to Ultra, then there is a category for that as well. Filtered by Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, these posts will ensure you know everything you need leading up to the greatest weekend ever.
- First aid, merch stands, food and drink spots and others are labeled under the “Points of Interest” section and will be updated when the festival begins.
- A really nice feature is the “camera”. Whether you want to take a picture now or upload one from a past Ultra, you can add six custom filters to make your photos pop.
- Probably one of the coolest, and most convenient aspect of this application for your every day life B.U. (before Ultra), is the ability to tune in to UMF radio anytime you want. When you start listening, the name of the artists spinning is displayed and when the festival begins, access to live UMFTV via YouTube will be available. Right now, when you click on the UMFTV button you are directly linked to the official YouTube page full of past sets, after movies and more.
- Finally, the last thing you can do with this application is start messages with friends via “Group Me” so nobody is left out of the loop.
All in all, this app is a staple for when you venture down South for three days of insanity and the only part we could do without is the little reminder at the top that it’s currently sunny and 80 degrees in Miami as we freeze to death with the rest of the country. How many days again?!