It’s not too often that an iconic artist of any industry hosts a contest that can take an undiscovered talent from the cluttered dungeons of SoundCloud and put them right in the middle of the dance music industry. deadmau5 is giving artists this chance. It’s been a while since Joel hosted a contest of this fashion. The last remix contest was for his single “Some Chords” and producer Andrei Stephen took home the grand prize.
The latest contest is for Joel’s single “Let Go” featuring Grabbitz, which is possibly the most popular track from his last album W:/2016ALBUM. The stems for “Let Go” can be found on Splice, a subscription-based sound library.
The contest began February 1st and will continue accepting submissions until March 1st. The winner will be announced on March 10th. Check out the what the winner gets below and click here to grab your copy of the stems.
“Let Go” Remix Competition Prize:
- Official Mau5trap Records release.
- The winning remix will be featured in the official remix pack.
- A deadmau5 show of your choice.
- $1,000 in travel stipend, 2 VIP tickets to a show on deadmau5’s ‘lots of shows in a row’ tour.
- Merchandise Kit
- Includes a shirt, a hoodie, and a vynil.