They say that you can feel the electricity flowing through the air during the good times – however, nothing is more shocking than when everything goes up in flames…
This was the horrific situation experienced by Daniel Guedes when he climbed on stage at a music festival in Brazil on April 29, 2018. The 32-year-old was electrocuted to death after reaching the top of the stage and accidentally touching power cables.
The gruesome footage shows the attendee, reportedly intoxicated, barefoot and oblivious to the dangers that he was in, straddling over the rig, before clumsily reaching the two wires. His back appeared to touch the high voltage cables, sparking a massive explosion and ultimately, being the cause of his death.
Singer Raniery Gomes told his band to stop playing as he tried to coax the man back down, over the microphone.
“Get down from there man. My brother be careful.”
With no luck, he then called out to security.
“Hey guys, there’s a man on top of here. Everyone’s going crazy with fear because he’s up there on top of the stage. Somebody please come and get him down from there.”
Almost instantly after, bright sparks flew and a burst of white lights accompanied by grisly buzzing and fizzing noises signaled that Guedes was a goner…
The audience was undoubtedly horrified as they screamed in fright and witnessed a white smoke cloud form above the stage.
“It was the most horrifying and scary thing to watch because we knew it was going to end in disaster. Goodness knows how he managed to get up there without anyone seeing.” – ONE traumatized ATTENDEE STATED
What’s even more surprising than how the man managed to climb to the top of the stage, was the fact that the incident occurred during the first performance of the last night of the music festival – AKA Festa da Uva. One would think that the event’s security team would have been more attentive than the first day – knowing the venue, the style of the audience, among much more.
The local authority responsible for the event reinforced that all security procedures had been properly in place during the course of the festival, including that terrifying night. He followed by stating that he offers his condolences to the victim’s family.
Check Out Their Full Statement Below:
“The festival’s organizing committee laments the accident and has offered its support to the family. This place where the festival is held, Praça Pública, has always been used for this type of event and there have never been any problems of this nature before. We adopted all security measures and we regard this fatality as an isolated incident.”
Stay safe and make smart choices, concertgoers… you never know what may happen.