DJ Mag has proven to be a well-respected British monthly magazine dedicated to electronic dance music and DJs. From 1991 to 2018 (present) the beloved newsletter was adapted for distribution in the United Kingdom, United States, Spain, France, Italy, Latin America, China, South Korea, Indonesia, and the Netherlands – making it an incredibly popular tool for aspiring producers to have their name known to the world.
In recent years, their notorious list for the DJ Mag Top 100 DJs has been making waves as many individuals have noticed outstanding amounts of vote fraud. Some have even thrown the word “laughable” into the mix.
Although the notorious list has had its ups and downs in the music industry and in the dynamic world of EDM, DJ Mag has been hard at work to create another list entitled The North American DJ Awards. Their hope was that this fresh take will shine the spotlight on some very deserving and talented artists.
The top ranking for best North American DJ goes to the extremely skilled Claude VonStroke. In addition to this impressive win, the American producer’s very own label, i.e. Dirtybird, won the best label.
We can’t contain our excitement any further. Check out the complete list of winners below, and keep it locked to this page to view the heartwarming interviews with each of the beloved artists.
- Best DJ – Claude VonStroke
- Breakthrough DJ – REZZ
- Best Producer – Justin Martin
- Breakthrough Producer – Moon Boots
- Best Live Act – ODESZA
- Best Label – Dirtybird
- Breakthrough Label – Repopulate Mars
- Best Venue North East – House of Yes
- Best Venue West – Exchange LA
- Best Venue South – Heart, Miami
- Best Venue Midwest – Sound-Bar, Chicago
- Best Venue North – Coda, Toronto
- Best Festival – Ultra Music Festival
- Best Boutique Festival – Desert Hearts
- Best Album – Lane 8 ‘Little By Little‘
- Best Track – Walker & Royce ‘Take Me to Your Leader‘
? The winners of our annual Best of North America Awards have been announced! ????
— DJ Mag (@DJmag) June 4, 2018