Apple’s WWDC 2019 keynote this month shared many exciting new product updates, and Ableton users may want to rethink what software they use to produce music. The presentation included exciting new updates for the iPhone, iPad, Mac desktop, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and many more. This Logic Pro X 10.4.5 update is particularly important, and includes many exciting new features.
What Does The Update Include?
Some of the major updates include:
- Optimizing performance for Mac Pro including support for up to 56 threads.
- New project setting “Only load plug-ins needed for project playback” reduces load times for large templates.
- Increasing Number of Tracks and Channels
- All-new DeEsser 2 plug-in provides more options to reduce sibilance on audio tracks.
- Expander plug-in now offers a redesigned retina interface.
- Logic no longer quits unexpectedly during many functions
- Improved responsiveness of the Mixer and Event List when working with large sessions
All of this, plus an increase of 1,000 audio tracks and 1,000 software instruments for all users along with support for 1,000 auxiliary channel make this a very powerful change from previous updates.
With all of this in mind, Apple also announced a groundbreaking new Mac Pro. With the intention of operating this new version of Logic, this computer can power through heavy CPU usage seamlessly. Starting at $5,999, this machine has very impressive performance and rendering capabilities. Including, an 8-core Intel Xeon 3.5GHz model, 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD, and Radeon Pro 580X graphics card, there will be multiple build-to-order options and configurations available with up to 1.5TB of RAM, Radeon Pro Vega II Duo graphics and a 28-core Xeon.
This updated version of Logic Pro X is currently available on the Mac App Store now as a free update.