A 19-year-old man has died after “falling ill” at Creamfields on Friday night.
Last weekend at Creamfields wasn’t all joy and good moments. A teenager was reportedly spotted unwell by security around 12 am. He was then moved to the in-site medical tent where he got help from a doctor. Later on, he was transferred to Warrington District General Hospital where he passed away.
“A file will prepared for the coroner and our thoughts are with the family at this incredibly difficult time,”DI Alistair Hinze – Cheshire police
No suspicious circumstances surrounding the death were noticed according to the Cheshire police.
“We are deeply saddened to hear of this tragic accident. We send our deepest condolences to his loved ones and we continue to work closely with the authorities.”A Creamfields spokeswoman
This death case is the second one happening during a music festival in the UK last weekend. The other one happened on the same night during Leeds Festival. A 17-year-old girl died around 3:40 am on Saturday from what is suspected to be a drug overdose.
Many hypotheses involving drugs are circulating about these two cases. Overdosing, mixing different drugs or taking an unknown substance, are all very high-risk practices. This brings-up to the table once again the debate about offering drug testing services at festivals to limit these risks.
We don’t know much yet about the circumstances and causes of the two tragic passings. But these cases remind us that safety is not something to take for granted during festivals.
Please remember to look out for each other, and to seek medical assistance if you feel that your safety is at risk.