Armin van Buuren has kept his weekly A State of Trance radio show going amid the cancelation of all live events due to the coronavirus outbreak—and he isn’t stopping there. The trance producer and his team behind ASOT have launched a livestream initiative to “Beat The Silence” during this eerie time of quarantine and social distancing.
ASOT is using its online platforms for reruns of live sets from its past festivals and shows worldwide. There will also be “new, custom-made video mixes” from renowned trance artists. The streams are meant to “supply those at home with the daily dose of Trance music they’d be missing out on otherwise,” according to an ASOT press release on Monday.
Armin and his ASOT co-host Ruben de Ronde also had a personal message about “Beat The Silence.”
“Though the current situation is a tough one to be in, we’d like to keep a more positive tone. This livestream initiative is meant to brighten days and ease the time,” they said in statement. “Let’s inspire one another and beat the silence together.”
ASOT is sharing timetables every day on Instagram. Here is Friday’s schedule, in Eastern Time:
- 5-630 p.m.: Dave Winnel Progressive DJ Set Live from Sydney, Australia
- 630-7:15 p.m.: Protoculture Live at ASOT episode 936 ADE – Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- 7:15 -7:30 p.m.: Mark Sixma live at ASOT episode 932 at (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- 7:30- 8:30 p.m: Ben Nicky Live at ASOT 850 Tomorrowland – (Boom, Belgium)
- 8:30 – 8:45 p.m.: Gabriel & Dresden Live at ASOT episode 936 (ADE – Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- 8:45 – 9:00 p.m.: Estiva Live at ASOT episode 933 (Metamorphoses Album Special) (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
For a taste of what is to come, here are sets that have already aired this week:
- Armin’s ASOT 900 Utrecht warm-up vinyl set
- Vini Vici’s 2018 Ultra Miami ASOT set
- Key4050’s ASOT 950 Utrecht set
- Armin’s 2013 ASOT set at Privilege, Ibiza
- ALPHA 9‘s ASOT episode 936 set at Amsterdam Dance Event in 2019
- Cosmic Gate‘s ASOT 850 set at Tomorrowland in 2018
- Aly & Fila’s ASOT 700 set in Buenos Aires in 2015
- Chicane‘s ‘Behind The Sun (Anniversary Mixes)’ album special
- Ruben de Ronde’s ASOT 650 set in Buenos Aires
- Giuseppe Ottaviani live at ASOT episode 936 at Amsterdam Dance Event
- Alexander Popov‘s ASOT 650 set in Yekaterinburg, Russia
Armin’s ASOT radio show, broadcast every Thursday at 2 p.m. ET, first aired in May 2001 and is on episode 957.
Streaming is the only option for trance fans in the foreseeable future as COVID-19 continues to spread. Armin on Monday announced that his ‘This Is Me’ and ‘This Is Blah Blah Blah’ shows scheduled for May 20 to 23 at the Ziggo Dome are postponed due to the Dutch government’s new ban on all events through June 1.
“I would like to thank you for your continuous support in these hard times,” Armin stated, adding, “Stay healthy.”